HBI Center has partner up with The United Way Fresno and Madera Counties provides free tax preparations to low- and moderate-income individuals, families, and seniors. Tax returns are prepared by trained and IRS-certified volunteers at local community organizations.

Make your Free Tax Prep appointment by calling 211 or texting TAXES to 211-211. If you are in Madera, you can call toll-free at 866-559-4211. Bring the items listed here to your appointment.

Before making your appointment, ensure you have all your documents ready. 

*** Important***

Please make sure that you check this list and make sure that you bring all the documents that apply to you:

  • Proof of identification (driver’s license, state photo ID or other government issued identification that includes a photo)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents 
    • Note: If you need to request a replacement card or update your Social Security record, go to Social Security number & card to find the best way to do this.
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Social Security Benefit Statements (SSA-1099), if applicable
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Are you self employed?

The MyFreeTaxes Self-Employed Tax Guides equip entrepreneurs with the information they need to prepare for tax season, file their taxes, and maximize their refunds using free online software available through MyFreeTaxes. United Way created three versions of the MyFreeTaxes Self-Employed Tax Guides to meet the specific needs of general small business owners, gig economy entrepreneurs, and home-based child care businesses.

Visit for more information.

Follow us for event updates

Follow us for event updates

Scroll to Top